Customer Information Policy
This information is used to assist us in delivering the highest quality shopping experience. Information collected online is used for shipping and billing purposes and is also used to help us maintain strong customer relations through the use of emails, surveys and promotions. Additionally, information gathered from our site helps us develop products and manage our company.
We also may use customer information for marketing and promotional purposes. When customers visit our site, they have the option of being added to our mailing list. Members of our mailing list will receive information about promotions and may receive offers only given to those on the mailing list. Participation in the mailing list is completely voluntary and can be terminated at any time.
All information that you provide Gideon Shoes with remains completely confidential and is not sold or rented to any third party, except that:
- We may share summary information with our partners, advertisers, or other third parties. Any information shared with third parties will not identify you personally.
- We may share information with our support partners which help us market our products. They may need information in order to perform their jobs.
- We may use your information to communicate with you about your online purchases. A confirmation email will be sent to the provided email address when you register online or place an order with us.
- We may be required to disclose personal information in response to a legal inquiry such as a subpoena, court order, request from a law-enforcement official.
- We may publicly disclose the personal information of any sweepstakes winner.
- We maintain strict controls to ensure that your information is managed responsibly. Our employees and partners are only permitted to use customer information in order to perform their functions.
Unsubscribing, Removing, or Modifying Your Information
If at any time you would like to be removed from our mailing list or would like to update or change your personal information, please follow the instructions listed here.
To modify or delete the information you have provided during registration, please sign in and update your profile. To unsubscribe from an email, please follow the instructions in any email you receive or sign in and update your profile preferences.
Please understand that unsubscribing from our mailing list is not an instantaneous process. Due to production schedules, you may continue to receive notices for a short time. Also, if you choose to remove your registration information, we may maintain information about your past sales transactions for record keeping purposes.
Gideon Shoes site is aimed at those 13 years of age and above. We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from an individual under the age of thirteen, we will remove that personal information from our records.
Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses are the numbers automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. This number does not identify any of your personal information, but helps us administer our site.
We have taken measures to ensure that shopping on our site is secure and safe. We use 256 bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption with a GeoTrust True Business ID to protect any information that is provided during your online shopping experience. SSL is the industry standard used for encrypting online transactions. However, we cannot assure that any Internet transaction is completely secure. Any transaction completed online is done so at your own risk.